When you’re looking to save a few bucks, doing a DIY plumbing repair or opting for an “odd job man that does a bit of plumbing” (or similar) may seem like a great, cost-effective solution to your problem. Unfortunately, amateur plumbing repairs can lead to all sorts of problems, both at the time they’re completed and further down the line.
We know we’re biased (as professional plumbers ourselves, we take enormous pride in providing the very best service and an exceptional level of customer care), but there really are numerous benefits to hiring a professional plumber to get your plumbing work completed.
Read on to discover just some of the reasons why professional plumbing is the best option, every time.
Your Work Will Be Legal
You may not be aware of this, but there are actually relatively few plumbing tasks that can legally be carried out by an unqualified and unlicensed individual. Even if the work carried out solves the problem, it may not be safe. In addition, should any problems occur later on, perhaps causing a flood, contamination with sewage or some other disaster, your home insurance is unlikely to cover you if the cause of the problem is illegal plumbing work.
Why risk it? A good, professional plumber will charge a fair, transparent price (which is often less than you might think) and do the work to the highest possible standard.
Your Work Will Be Completed Correctly
There really is no substitute for professional plumbing expertise. When you use a professional plumber, you can expect:
– The correct solution for your plumbing problem, with no bodge jobs! A professional plumber will also have the confidence to tell you if something can’t really be repaired and will need replacing. Be aware that cowboy plumbers will often promise they can fix a problem, complete a temporary repair and charge you a tidy sum for doing so.
– The work to be completed correctly. Parts need to be installed correctly, for example. The work needs to be finished correctly and tested to ensure it’s working properly. Materials should be high-quality and the right ones for the job; the wrong materials can have serious consequences.
– A follow-up service. In the unlikely event that there’s a problem with a professional plumbing job, a good plumber should be easily contactable to rectify it.
The Company Will Be Insured
Professional plumbers will carry suitable insurance, protecting you in the event that there’s a problem whilst they’re working on your property or an issue with the results. If you’re working with a good plumber, they’ll always be happy to show you proof of their insurance coverage.
You Will Get a Quote for the Full Price Before Work Is Started
Expect nothing less than a full, transparent and non-negotiable quote for the plumbing work before work is commenced. Unfortunately, it’s all too common for rogue plumbers to quote a price, then, when the bill arrives, all sorts of unexpected extras have suddenly appeared. This is dishonest trading. Customers should have access to all the pricing information they need before work has started, giving them everything needed to make the decisions that are right for them.
You Can Expect an Exceptional Level of Customer Care
When you have a tradie on your property, around your family, you need to be confident that they’re honest, decent and who they say they are.
That’s where a professional plumber really adds value. An established professional plumber will likely have all of the following:
– A high-grade website with current contact details, including a landline number.
– A master plumber is an experienced trade professional you can trust – look for mention of master plumber status on the website.
– A number of positive reviews (a quick Google search should unearth reviews).
In addition, you should expect to receive a prompt response to your query, as well as pro-active, professional information gathering before a site visit is arranged. A professional plumber will be polite, punctual, turn up when they say they will, be respectful of your property and the people in it, provide you with an explanation of the problem and the solutions to resolve it and provide a FREE, no-obligation quote. You should expect disruption to be kept to a minimum whilst they’re at work, and for them to tidy up after themselves.
A professional plumber will believe that their customers deserve nothing but the best in terms of both the plumbing work completed and the level of customer care received. In addition, their reputation (and therefore future trade) depends on providing 100% customer satisfaction every time.